Published on by tm1985 4 Comments
Following the shuttering of online services in January for FIFA 13 for iOS and FIFA 14 for mobile, some more server closures are on the way.
Whilst the closure of online services will mostly effect mobile players, there are also closures coming for earlier FIFAs on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC, PS Vita and even the Wii U. Here's the full list of closures:
May 10th 2017
- FIFA 15 Ultimate Team for Mobile
- FIFA 15 Mobile Android
- FIFA 15 Mobile iOS
- FIFA 15 Mobile Windows
- FIFA 15 Mobile Amazon
July 3rd 2017
- FIFA Soccer 12 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360
- FIFA 12 Ultimate Team for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- FIFA Soccer 13 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, WiiU, Xbox 360
- FIFA 13 Ultimate Team for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
EA were originally going to kill off the FIFA 12 servers in 2014 but quickly U-turned on the idea, now sadly it seems like the time really has come, along with FIFA 13.
The site EA uses to publicise server closures states that they don't take the decision to turn off servers lightly, so it's likely caused by the cost of maintaining legacy services and a dwindling player base. Regardless, it's still sad to see it go, so if you've got any business to take care of in FIFA 12 or FIFA 13, you'd better get it done soon.